Terms & Conditions
Introduction and Acceptance of the Terms & Conditions
The general Terms and Conditions of Sale detailed below govern the contractual relationship between the ‘User’ (hereafter also referred to as ‘You’ or the ‘Customer’) and ‘Native Eye’ (hereafter also referred to as ‘We’ or the ‘Website’), belonging to the company Native Eye. Both parties accept these Conditions unreservedly.
These general Conditions of Sale are the only conditions that are applicable and replace all other conditions, except in the case of express. written, prior dispensation. We maintain that, by confirming your order, you have read and do unreservedly accept our general Conditions of Sale. These Terms and Conditions of Sale are important to you and Native Eye as they are used to protect your rights as a valued customer and our rights as a business.
Changes to the Terms of Service & the Website
Native Eye is a work in progress, and as such things may change, be added or be taken away. We reserve the right to update the Website and these Terms of Service from time to time, at our discretion and without any notice. It is solely your responsibility to keep up-to-date with the latest Terms and Conditions by checking back regularly. Your continued use of the Website following the publishing of updated Terms of Service will be taken to mean that you have read and agree to the changes.
Access to the Website
We work hard to ensure the Website is always up and available, but we can't guarantee that the Website will not have downtime for any reason. We reserve the right to close the Website for short periods of time for general maintenance, but will attempt to keep this to a minimum. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time, for any length of time.
Parts of the Website require you to input a password to access certain features. This is to be able to give you details relevant to your order whilst still keeping them private to you.
To do this, as part of our security procedures, we require you to register an account with Native Eye by entering your email and choosing a secure password. We highly recommend that you choose a strong password that is hard for others to guess, and you log out from your account at the end of every session. There is a password reset procedure in case you forget your password. You must treat your account log-in information as confidential, not disclosing it to any third party and only using Native Eye in person. If you think there may have been any breach of security then it is your responsibility to notify us immediately and if log-in is possible, to change your password.
It is a condition of your use of the Website that all the information you provide on the Website is correct, current and complete. We reserve the right to disable any user account in our sole discretion, at any time for any or no reason, including if, in our opinion, you have failed to comply with any provision of these Terms of Service.
Native Eye takes great care when putting product information, descriptions and images online but will not be held responsible for any mistakes or omissions to any information given.
The prices indicated on Native Eye are shown in NZ dollar. The price of the products are clearly shown and invoiced at the end of the order. We reserve the right to modify our prices at any moment but this will be indicated to you on the order at the time the order is placed. If an obviously incorrect price appears on our website and is not corrected on your total at the time of order completion, for whatever reason (human error, technical error etc.), your order will be cancelled and the payment refunded to you, even if it has been initially validated.
We will always endeavour to fulfil your order once completed and paid for. If a product should become unavailable after your order has been confirmed and paid for, we will refund the price you paid for the product within 30 days following the date of payment. If relevant, we will offer you a replacement for an unavailable product, a product of equal price and quality. If you accept the replacement, and then wish to return it to us in the conditions outlined under Right of Return, the return postage will be covered by us. If you choose to decline this offer, and the original product is permanently unavailable, we will reimburse the price of the unavailable product.
You must pay for the Order in full at the time of ordering by one of the payment methods we accept on the site. You must be fully entitles to use the payment method used for purchases. These payment options use advanced SSL encryption to keep your transaction secure and do not cost you anything to use (Native Eye is charged as the seller, you are not charged as the buyer) so you will not pay any extra for your order.
Your order will be delivered to the address you indicated when your order was placed. We do not deliver to PO Box addresses.
Native Eye does everything in its power to respect the delivery times indicated on the website. We cannot, however, be held responsible for the consequences of a late delivery or the loss of a package caused by a third-party contracted to make delivery, or by you, or because of some unforeseen event or an Act of God. In the event where you do not receive your package, an investigation will be conducted with the carrier and may take several days upon receipt of your claim. During this period of investigation, no reimbursement or re-delivery will take place.
RIGHT OF RETURN
Native Eye allows you 7 days to return a product that you are not satisfied with. Your right of return starts from the moment your order is delivered. You can return the product to us within this time frame, at your own expense, with your completed returns form. For full details please view our Returns & Refund Page.
Privacy & Protection of Personal Data
The details you give us are essential for the processing and delivery of your orders, for invoicing, therefore failure to provide these details will result in the cancellation of your order. By registering on the Site, you agree to provide us with sincere and true information as it concerns you. Communicating false information is contrary to the present general Terms and Conditions.
You have the permanent right to access and rectify all the information that concerns you. You can at any time make a request to Native Eye to find out what personal information we hold concerning you. You may at any time, and by request, modify this information.
Cookies record certain information stored on your hard drive. This information enables us to generate statistics based on data from visitors to our site and suggest products that might interest you according to the items that you selected when you previously visited the site. Cookies do not contain any confidential information about you.
All the content on Native Eye website (illustrations, texts, names, brand names, images and videos) is the property of Native Eye. Any partial or total reproduction of this content, by any means and on any support, is subject to prior and express authorisation by Native Eye. All information, content and files is protected by International law concerning intellectual ownership and copyright. Native Eye cannot give you the right to copy, display or distribute content that you do not have the intellectual rights to. All fraudulent use of this content that violates the rights held by a third party constitutes an offence of forgery, which is severely punished under the Intellectual Property Code.
Native Eye will not, under any circumstances, be held responsible if a user violates rights held by a third party through his activities on the site.
Waiver & Severability
Any failure of Native Eye to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Native Eye, and governs your use of the service, superseding any prior agreements (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service). If any provision of these Terms of Service is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Terms of Service will continue in full force and effect.
Feedback & Comments
Any opinions left on the Website by Native Eye customers are screened and moderated by Native Eye. If the comments infringe on the law or are inappropriate (abusive publicity, defamation, insults, out of context commentary…), Native Eye reserves the right to refuse or modify it.
Social Media Competitions
- By participating in any competition or giveaway advertised by Native Eye Limited on its Facebook page, Instagram and/or other social media channels, you confirm that you accept and agree to these competition terms.
- The Promoter of the Competition is Native Eye Limited (“Native Eye”). The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and/or other Social Media channels. You completely release Facebook, Instagram and/or other Social Media channels from any and all liability associated with this Competition.
- All Competitions are open to New Zealand residents and are not open to employees of Native Eye or their families (including de facto spouses) or to other persons assisting with the Competition.
- Entrants must follow the instructions on the Competition Facebook post and/or other Social Media channel to enter this competition.
- The Competition entry closing and opening dates will be specified on the Competition Facebook, Instagram post and/or other Social Media channel.
- Native Eye is not responsible or liable for any late, lost or misdirected entries or for any problems or technical malfunction which may result in delay or failure to enter you into the draw.
- The winner(s) will be drawn as specified by the Facebook Competition post and/or other Social Media channel. The prize winner(s) will receive the prize that is advertised on either the Facebook Competition post, the Facebook Competition photo and/or other Social Media channel. Native Eye accepts no responsibility or liability for any prize winner’s enjoyment of any prize or any other costs and expenses that may be incurred by the prize winner relating to the prize or the winner’s enjoyment of that prize.
- Native Eye will announce the winner via a social media post and private message to arrange the delivery details. Winner must provide a New Zealand address for delivery.
- Prizes cannot be transferred or exchanged or redeemed for cash. Native Eye takes no responsibility for entries or prizes that are lost or destroyed.
- The winner acknowledges that redemption of the prize requires the winner to be at least 16 years of age from the date of entry. We will let you know on our Facebook Competition post and/or other Social Media channel.
- The decisions of Native Eye on all matters relating to this Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Native Eye reserves the right to verify the validity of an entry or a winner's right to redeem the prize in accordance with these terms and conditions. Native Eye reserves the right to amend the prizes offered and these terms and conditions and in its absolute discretion cancel the competition at any time and without prior notice.
- To the extent permitted by law, Native Eye excludes any liability it may have to you arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this Competition.